Monday, April 13, 2015

From Metal to ElectroPop

When a woman is bored, she either go shop or listen to music online. I say listen to music, then go shopping.


There are three things that come to my mind each time I hear the word metal- heavy (the normal LSD inspired term way back when LSD was the thing), lullaby (because I tend to sleep when I hear loud screams and heavy riffs when I’m on my bed) and love (because it’s marked as counterculture and I believe that one of the primary aims of metal is to seek their own reality, to create reality by starting to create what is unreal).


lamb-of-god


Metal, in its sweetest form, is love. It’s an obsession to destroy and recreate reality. It’s an obsession that motivates another obsession. And while metal is a misunderstood genre- mostly by the conservative society who believes that metal is influenced by a satanic force, that those who love the genre are automatically considered satanic, metal as a genre continues to survive.


Here’s another subgenre that makes me think of clouds- shoegaze. While shoegaze band members tend to look down on their shoes while performing in their detached state of mind, thus shoegazing, I am thinking of clouds. I’m enjoying the fact that each morning, I’m shoegazing with Swervedriver, My Bloody Valentine and other shoegaze bands. Thanks to Youtube, I can watch music videos online. And thanks to the Internet, I don’t need to buy songs from Itunes music store, I can enjoy free music online.


chrome


And while metal and shoegaze alter my subconscious mind, I am currently in a quest to understand electro pop. Electro pop is another genre which ignites a little curiosity in me. It’s a pop culture genre yet slowly I connect myself to pop culture, to understand pop culture in its beautiful form. And here’s the time when I listen to Rendezvous.


Let me tell you about the Rendezvous Band. Rendezvous is basically an electro pop influenced band which struggles to introduce a new impression on the world of music. Listen to Rendezvous and you’ll surely feel a different kind of music, soothing and definitely calming. The band features Itai Simon and Hagai Izenberg as the two members who are able to mix their craft together. There are actually tow best words to describe their music- experimental and instrumental. The word Rendezvous is defined as a meeting planned at a certain time and place. Perhaps each member has its own desire to create perfect music, experimenting on different forms and then end up with a beautiful piece. Listen to Rendezvous and feel the music. Another reason to listen to Rendezvous especially if you’re a fan of Depeche Mode, is that they collaborated with the producer Dave Bascombe who was also the mixer and producer of the popular band.


While electro pop is definitely a different thing compared to metal, every genre struggles to CREATE, RECREATE and CREATE again.


http://www.rendezvousmusic.co.uk/


 


https://youtu.be/Dc5iz8p8E5Q



From Metal to ElectroPop

No comments:

Post a Comment