Monday, April 27, 2015

How To Take Care Of Your Jeans

I don’t buy denim jeans too often. But when I do, it must be the best pair.  Paying for the best jeans is easy, looking for the best pair takes hours or worst, days. That’s why it’s perfectly reasonable to take good care of your pairs and keep them in good shape.  I’m not a denim jeans guru since I don’t wear them much but I must say I’ve learned a thing or two from my relationships with denim clothing.

I prefer Cheap Monday jeans or Levis high waisted pants. I own a few pairs of high waist jeans and the most difficult part is to preserve them – to maintain their original fit and color.

Denim

(Warning: If you’re a woman, let me warn you that this next tip might be too disgusting for you)

Wash your jeans only once or twice a month.  Yes, I know, it might sound too unhygienic especially for girls, but it’s okay you’ll get over it.  If you wash them too often, expect the colors to fade.  Another advantage of washing it once or thrice a month is that the denim eventually adopts the shape of your body- that’s why I buy skinny jeans that are tighter.

Tip:

If you really want to wash your denim because you’re easily bothered by the thought of having bacteria on your jeans and you try to be hygienic as possible, here’s a piece of advice:  FREEZE YOUR JEANS. Brush your jeans off, place them in plastic bags and toss them in the freezer. Yes, it won’t take the stain out but it’s one way to kill the bacteria and keep your denim intact.

DSC_1313

I was born in a third world country, normally we use the stain brush to take the dirt off. We don’t have laundry machines everywhere, yes that’s a fact. But we have lots of laundry shops destined to destroy your jeans. If possible, try hand washing.

Mild hand washing is highly recommended.  As I’ve read in some articles, it’s also helpful to add some vinegar to cold water when you hand wash your jeans. Trust Science. Machine wash is too risky for your denim, unless you want to minimize your garment’s life span.

Whether your jeans are acid washed, stonewashed, low rise, mid rise, raw or indigo, their lifespan depends on how well you care for them.  Be a darling.

fd



Recommendation

If you like high waisted skinny jeans, you can check Topshop’s Joni Jeans for £36.00 (or 2800php) (ripped skinny jeans are also available) or Levis’ High Rise skinny jeans for women in stores. You can get them for $88.00 (or 2400php).  They’re super stretchy and comfortable.

DSC_1315


Source (from my main blog):

How To Take Care Of Your Jeans

No comments:

Post a Comment