Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Fashion Socks And All The Frills

I feel nostalgic. Frilly socks or bobby socks can bring such a very terrible nostalgia. Lace socks remind me of school girls back in the 90s who classically wore their frilly socks and loafers or a pair of Mary Janes. Today lacy socks and knee high socks are common even for girls who aren’t school girls anymore.


 


Nike Jordan


White socks appear vintage and most girls traditionally wear them with their Mary Janes or boots. Let me do the honor to break that tradition. I’m wearing my frilly socks with my pair of Air Jordan shoes and I feel amazing, like what Alex feels each time he drinks that milk plus with something else.


i


I’m wearing my Doc Martens 1461 Cherry Red Smooth paired with my ribbon ruffle socks. In 1950s, most girls wore their lacy socks with their loafers or Oxfords for the socks to be visible because your socks are basically a part of your whole outfit.


1471161_10202392121875262_658860813_n


White socks are conventional, they’re fascinating though. The best thing about white socks is that you can pair them with any type of shoes. It’s interesting how white socks remind me of the Korova Milk Bar where Alex and his droogs drink milk mixed with something else. Ahh, the horrorshow groodies.


I’m wearing my Dr. Martens Mary Jane shoes. Mary Janes were extremely popular in the 90s, along with chunky heels and creepers. I remember wearing my first platform sneakers when I was ten or eleven years old. You wear the sneakers or you don’t wear anything.


Lace socks


I’m showing off my Mary Janes from Doc Martens and my frilly socks that I got from Topshop. Topshop has a variety of socks for boots, ankle socks and frilly socks that are available in different pastel colors – purple, black, green, pink etc. They are made of cotton. I prefer cotton socks, they’re really comfortable and won’t hurt your feet at all. It’s as though you’re walking on the clouds or something. Clouds make me feel sleepy too, like the way grasses do.


I love socks with very cute designs and laces. There is a strong feeling of euphoria and nostalgia each time I see cute socks. Back in the 90s, I remember teenagers wearing knee high colorful socks with dyed hair. Socks are undeniably another fashion tool to show your fashion style.



Fashion Socks And All The Frills

No comments:

Post a Comment